Mulch by Jeny Sod
25+ years of experience has given us valuable insight into the needs of our customers. This knowledge helps us provide premium personal service to each and every customer. We take passion in combining elite customer service and economical mulch solutions. Adding curb appeal, enhancing water retention, controlling soil temperatures, and providing a weed-resistant layer are just a few reasons to choose mulch for your next gardening project. Whether you need red or gold mulch, small or large pine bark, picked up or delivered, Jeny Sod & Nursery is your spot.
What is Mulch?
Mulch is any material that is spread or laid over the surface of the soil as a covering. It is used to retain moisture in the soil, suppress weeds, keep the soil cool, and make the garden bed look more attractive. Organic mulches also help improve the soil’s fertility, as they decompose.
8 reasons for mulching soil around plants, shrubs and trees:
- - Mulch conserves soil moisture and reduces the need for irrigation
- - Mulch aids in the suppression of weeds.
- - Organic mulch breaks down improving nutrient content
- - Moderates soil temperature, protects the root from excessive heat and cold
- - When organic mulches decompose, it tends to lower the soil Ph Level
- - Mulch improves the aesthetic appeal of the landscape
- - Mulch reduces the Leaching of fertilizer out of the soil
- - Colored mulch aids in the growth of the foliage on many plants